I take the security of your data extremely seriously. Below are the steps I take to ensure your data is handled safely:
1. Registered Data Controller
The Data Protection Act 1998 requires every data controller (e.g organisations, small businesses and sole traders) who is processing personal information to register with the ICO, unless they are exempt. I am registered with ICO: registration number ZA233403.
- I use Orbits IT, a third party IT company, to maintain my IT systems including ensuring I have up to date robust antivirus and backup.
- All devices are password protected.
- I only use authorised software.
3. Security of paper copies
- Documents are only printed where necessary.
- All hard copies are stored in a locked filing cabinet.
- All hard copies are shredded when no longer needed.
4. Professional indemnity and public liability insurance
I hold professional indemnity and pubic liability insurance.
5. Finally, I will never discuss clients’ work with other people.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.